- Easy mix ratios; some 1:1 mixes available
- Easy release properties -- save on release agents
- High tear strength -- fewer prematurely torn molds
- Good chemical resistance for longer mold life
- Low/zero shrinkage for dimensional reproduction
PlatSil® 71-11 is a fast-curing, soft (A10) platinum silicone liquid mold rubber with a 1A:1B mix ratio. Molds made from this rubber offer great flexibility for molding and casting complicated and intricate models with undercuts.
PlatSil 71-11 is often used to make molds for prototyping, model making, hobby reproduction, taxidermy, soap and candle making, and much more. Common casting materials include resin (e.g., polyurethane, epoxy, polyester), waxes and plaster. Release agents are not needed to cast most materials.
Pour as supplied or thicken for brush-on molds using PlatThix liquid thickener.
PlatSil 71-11 and 71-10 are the softest rubbers in the 71-Series & 73-Series. For a softer rubber, view the PlatSil® Gel Series rubbers.